Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Emails from ex students

Greetings Gentle Readers-

It has been a long, long day here at Holy Hill. I didnt sleep well last night and 5am comes so early. I had 3 meetings and then a 2 hour class. I had 15 minutes off this afternoon and immediately fell asleep. The class today was on the Book of Common Prayer and how to use it-- there are so many things inside the book besides the offices and the Eucharists. I also learned the Episcopal Church sanctions exorcisms but only a Bishop can do them. I learned what a "golden number " was and how to find it.

On another random note...

Each morning I sit for a 1/2 hour in meditation in front of the Blessed Sacrament. TOday, I read a prayer for kindness and really, really prayed for the other postulant and how I see her . I have come to the idea that she is a person just like me and I need to honor who she is and where she is. She is as much a part of God as I am. Thank God that the Spirit moves in ways we cannot imagine.

Anyway, I have 15 minutes before another event--psalm rehearsal---and I got 3 emails from former students asking for the real reason I left. None of the students know the real reasons but in each of the emails, the kids say, "we miss you and we dont care why you are gone, but we want you back!" It's funny, some part of me yearns to be back there and then when my friend Scout talks about grading and correcting essays, I dont miss that and appreciate the 2 hour class I sat through on using the prayer book. I miss aspects of my old job but am enjoying what I am doing here and who I am becoming.

Otherwise, not much new here. I saw the movie "Jarhead" yesterday because I adore Jake Gyllenhal. It is about the 1991 Desert Storm Marines. I walked out of the movie thinking that truly postulancy is easier than boot camp. I told that to the superior and she laughed.

Love and abundant peace,
Monk_1975

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scout loves you and misses you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home