Thursday, November 03, 2005

I am so, so bummed to miss this!!!

Look what's happening at my church!!!!!!! ARRRRGHHHHH---I so want to be there and experience this amazing man with my college community and best friends. I am deeply moved by Tutu and inspired. I guess I'll just have to listen to "Moments of Victory" and be satisfied with that--thank you chief umfundisi . Maybe if I move to South Africa, I'll be able to see him on his own turf. Yeah, that's what I will hold onto because knowing this is going on Pasadena is driving me nuts.

1984 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu will join All Saints this Sunday, Nov. 6, to preach at both the 9 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services. A longtime friend of All Saints Church, this will be the Archbishop's first visit since 1999. Don't miss him on this All Saints Day!

The service will also commemorate All Saints Day with a beautiful sung liturgy based on Faure's Requiem. Do not miss this amazing opportunity!

Afterwards, Indaba will join Sustainable World for lunch, discussion, and a viewing of "The Corporation," an award-winning documentary on the role of corporations in the global economy.

And all this comes after I was congratulating myself for being adjusted to my new location.

Sadly yours with love
monk_1975

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to try and go up to All Saints for the service, Lucie. Wow! I'll be on the look out for the two friends of yours that I know or met before.

TB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home